75th ANNUAL VFW CPRA RODEO
Chester Franklin Arena at Veterans Park WIMBERLEY, TEXAS
“The best small town rodeo in Texas”
This is a Pro/Open event sanctioned by the Cowboys Professional Rodeo Assn. (CPRA), sponsored by Oldham-Cummings Post 6441, Veterans of Foreign Wars, in Wimberley, Texas. Admission and parking proceeds are considered a donation to Post 6441 and used to support a variety of Veterans and Community programs and activities. The Rodeo Producer is Mr. Bo Davis of DVS Productions from Gonzales, Texas, and the stock contractor is the Cadillac Rodeo Company.
Friday, July 2nd – Saturday, July 3rd – & Sunday, July 4th, 2021
- Gates open at 5:30. 1st Mutton Bustin’ at 7:00; Rodeo begins at 8 p.m.
- Events include: bull riding, tie down calf roping, bareback & saddle bronc riding, steer wrestling, team roping, women’s breakaway roping, and women’s barrel racing.
- 2nd Mutton Bustin’ event midway in Rodeo
- 2 calf scramble events nightly. One for ages 5-8 and another for ages 9-12
- Free fireworks show nightly after the rodeo performance (weather permitting).
Common to each night of Rodeo
- Pro Rodeo Hall of Fame bull-fighter, clown and barrel man Leon Coffee will be featured at each event.
- Mutton Bustin’ registration outside the VFW Hall at 6:00 p.m. The cost is $20 per ride; 60lb. max rider weight. Riders compete for the Ellen Allen Memorial trophy
- Tickets At the Gate: Adults – $15; Children 12 – 4 yrs old -$10; under 3 yrs old – Free.
- Advance Tickets can be purchased at the VFW Hall located at 401 Jacobs Well Rd. (CR 182) on June 27h, June 28th, & 29th, from noon to 6 p.m. Advance ticket prices are: Adults-$12; Children 12 & under $7. Cash, check, or major credit cards will be accepted. On those days tickets may also be purchased by phone (512-847-6441). Limited box seat tickets may be available for $30 on advance ticket purchase days.
- General admission parking $5 per vehicle at gate.
- Food and other vendors will be located on the grounds
- BYOB is in effect but beer may be sold as well.
Veterans Park is on Jacobs Well Rd. (CR 182). Follow the large “Rodeo/Veterans Park” sign at the intersection of Jacobs Well Rd. and Ranch Road 12 – about 3 mi. north of
Wimberley and 11 mi. south of Dripping Springs
PROUDLY FEATURING CREEKSIDE COOKERS BBQ